Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Plans

Hey friends and family!

Thanks for visiting my blog -- I'm really excited about this summer and definitely want to keep in touch with you!

This past school year I worked with my professor from the class "Health Psychology in the Arab World and Africa" to arrange an internship in Tunis, Tunisia over the summer. My professor is from Tunisia, so she helped connect me to an amazing organization called CAWTAR (http://www.cawtar.org/) which is an Arab Women's Development group and also some great microfinance companies in Tunisia.





Some other highlights of my trip will be having a 26 hour layover in Rome on the way to Tunis and back from Tunisia. I will also visit Uganda, where I lived last summer for two months, to visit friends and a help support an orphanage that is co-run by a students from the Yale Divinity school.

Feel free to post/comment/ask questions about my travels and I'll try to respond as soon as possible (internet seems to be pretty good here). You can also email me at joanegass@gmail.com

Take care,
Joan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joan, i obviously have questions to ask you but i will save that for sometime in the future cause am pretty sure i may be able to see you again. From what i have read so far, you are having a time of your life and i would wish you nothing less. I just didnt know that you are a good writer as well. Haruna

    ReplyDelete